Let’s talk about some serious eatin! Can you tackle the SCOTTISH-AMERICAN STEAK (SAS) challenge? BRING IT ON BABY!
The Scottish American Steak (SAS) CHALLENGE is on and only 69.95! Here are the OFFICIAL rules! Its £69.95 for a MONSTER MEAL – eat it all in 60 minutes or less and its FREE! If ya lose, its a MONSTER TAKEAWAY:) All or NUTHIN baby – simple as that:) You must pay at LEAST 1 hour before YOUR competition is to begin! Call us if you’re on the boat and ready to eat, and we’ll set you up!
Have questions? Please read below:) Its a simple man v food completion (well, it should be simple), and while the vast majority of us are level headed, decent folk – there’s ALWAYS that one person who’s a natural born (feel free to fill in the blank). So please, PLEASE, read carefully:)
- This massive meal will consist of mashed potatoes, 2 garlic rolls, sweet corn, 5 onion rings and of course the 72 oz. SAS MEGABEAST:) Any spillage of provided food by or near your plate or seat MUST be consumed! Any drinks are your choice, though subject to the rules below (if necessary). The steak is marinated in garlic, salt and other spices – if you have an allergen ask staff before the deposit is paid. If you don’t like garlic or salt or you are allergic to something – DO NOT do the challenge. Once you pay, you play – end of story.
- The entire meal must be completed in EXACTLY one hour (60 minutes). NO more than 60 minutes. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed and in your gut)…YOU LOSE!
- Before the digital timer starts, you will sign the waiver that indicates your agreement with this competition. We will start the digital timer upon your approval. The digital timer will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE you are ready to chow before you say “yes.”
- The steak will be cooked up to medium rare – no WELL DONE, BURNED UP, INCINERATED, CHARCOAL JERKY STEAK! That aint proper, it’s a sin, and a proper steak should be pleasant to eat. Like it or not, Medium Rare is the best you will get though rare is acceptable as well.
- Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal. If you must use the toilet during the competition, you LOSE! NO leaving the table, and no one else touching your meal to any extent.
- You WILL be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating your meal. This is YOUR contest – no one elses.
- If you somehow SPILL your food, even by accident, you eat it, or LOSE!
- You don’t have to eat the fat, but WE will reserve judgement on this. In other words, you cant have visible meat on the fat and expect to win – so cut it VERY close.
- Should you become ill (or puke/vomit), the contest is OVER… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container that will be provided as necessary.) If you injure yourself, become ill or cannot attend the challenge, for any reason or in any capacity, after the deposit is paid, or during the challenge, the challenge is OVER and the £69.95 will not be returned!
- You are required to pay the full amount up front; a fee of £69.95, and if you win we will refund 100% of the price immediately.
- You must sit at a table that we assign, and not leave, for any reason, during the challenge. If you do – you lose! NO EXCUSES!
- If you do not win the steak challenge, you are, of course, welcome to take the leftovers with you.
- No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over. You MUST take it home with you.
- If you fail to complete the challenge, you will NOT be refunded the full, or any, amount – the charge is £69.95 for the entire meal, which is PAID before the challenge begins.
- If you have a physical/mental issue that may affect your attempt at this competition, you will NOT be refunded. You’re a big boy/big girl (and have a guardian/carer/friend that will co-sign), so KNOW and UNDERSTAND what you’re doing.(see rule 16)
- Because this is not TEXAS, where the steak challenge is somewhat commonplace, one must pay £69.95 no later than 1 hour before the competition. THIS IS A HARD RULE. Why,you ask? Because Scotland and the RUK is not cheap and we cannot afford to waste good steak on misinformed peoples, flakes or posers. KNOW what you are doing: consult a friend/physician if need be. If the fee is not paid in 1 hour advance, there will be NO competition. We are sure that most of you understand that. If this rule provides limited clarity, please see rule 15.
- If you finish the meal to completion – you will receive a full refund and enter the SCOTTISH HONKY-TONK Hall of Fame, and receive a FREE SCOTTISH HONY-TONK shirt!! You will be memorialised forever more! Yeah Buddy!
- In this age of HEALTH and SAFETY, the challenger, along with one witness, will sign and agree to these terms listed above, previous to the actual SAS challenge. While this challenge is designed to be fun and entertaining, the challenger (YOU) MAY be filmed or photographed in the midst of this challenge and subjected to social media or elsewhere.
- This should be a straight up challenge to most people, but in this day of nanny state rubbish and various ramifications, we need to make sure both parties are covered and aware.
- Just have fun, enjoy the meal, DO YOUR BEST, and we here at the Honky-Tonk, as well as our custom and friends, wish you the best of luck! YEAH BUDDY!